Saturday, September 8, 2012

Missing something...

Tonight on my quest to try new things off pinterest we made Homemade Egg Rolls.   They looked super easy so I thought it would be quite easy to make and my son loves them!!  They were super easy to make and I was impressed with how little time it took to fill them and wrap them.  After they were in and out of the oven we gave them a try and found they were good - but not really good.  Part of it may have had to do with the way I wrapped them up with putting to much dough on one side from wrapping it up - I must work on that next time I make something like that.  The other thing we found was that they were a little bland in taste. They needed a little extra kick of something to give it a bit more "bam".  Not too sure what that would be but I'm still thinking about it.  On the very positive side though, my son loved them!  He thanked me for making his favorite food!  That does not happen often at all!  So I will give them another try as I loved how happy he was!

Here's a picture of how they turned out:



Tomorrow I am planning on trying a new cake batter waffle recipe for breakfast so hopefully the kids will enjoy it!  They are very picky and not too adventurous when it comes to breakfast!

Update: here is a picture of the waffles that we made:
My son loved them when he found out he was eating "cake" for breakfast!

Here's to new things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment