Sunday, September 16, 2012

Another weekend done

Well, it's Sunday night and I am wondering what I did all weekend and why I seem to have so much to do still.  I think that is normal for most of us parents who have kids involved in lots of things but I still wish there was more time in the day.  Both my son and I seem to be getting colds with our time spent going between the beautiful warm weather outside and then going into freezing cold ice rinks.

So the weekend means I get to make some really fun things that I don't get the opportunity to make during the week!  Friday means a fancy drink and this Friday I made Mango Coconut Margaritas!  They were a refreshing change but I think I should have added a bit more Mango as I used a fresh one and think it definitely could have used a bit more Mango flavour.  Other than that it was still absolutely delicious and the blend of flavours worked really well!


I know I was bad with not using a proper margarita glass for the picture but this is only half of the recipe and I don't have a margarita glass that big - yet!  If you are wanting to give it a try here is where I found it:
http://www.runningtothekitchen.com/2012/05/mango-coconut-margaritas/

On Saturday night I made a dessert.  We some how lost all track of time on Saturday and next thing I know it is already past 8pm and I hadn't made anything from pinterest yet.  Luckily I had planned to make a Tiramisu Bread Pudding which said that it did not take long to make.  Thankfully that was correct!!  It was very easy to make and while the kids and hubby played on the Wii, I quickly made the bread pudding.  Then while it baked I was able to read with my daughter before she went to bed.  The bread pudding turned out great and had a coffee flavour without it being overpowering.  I highly recommend giving it a try if you are trying to make a quick dessert!


The recipe called for 6 smaller sized ramekins which I did not have so I used four larger ones instead.  The recipe can be found here:  http://www.bhg.com/recipe/pudding/tiramisu-bread-puddings/?socsrc=bhgpin042812breadpuddinghandmadecharlottepin

Sunday mornings are one of my favorite times as my hubby gets up to make a breakfast that I have chosen!  I am so spoiled on these mornings!!  The breakfast choice for this morning was Strawberry Croissant French Toast.  These were so good and easy to make!  The kids loved them and ate them up without complaining - which doesn't always happen!  I would highly recommend these when you want an easy breakfast that looks like you put way more effort into it than you had to.  These can be found here: http://www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/2012/04/recipe-rewind-strawberry-croissant.html


This weekend's pins were all food related and none disappointed!  Hope you get a chance to give one or more a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment