Friday, September 28, 2012

First off let me apologize for not writing in over a week.  Last week was extremely hectic with meetings and getting used to our new schedules and then over the weekend and into this week I was cursed with a migraine and more headaches.

I have a bit to catch you up on with everything we have been enjoying since then!  Unfortunately I do not have pictures of everything but I will leave you with the links so you can try everything for yourselves!

On Monday's we are in a bit of a rush as I go straight from the ice rink to a Brownie's meeting and do not get home until after 7:45pm so I need something quick and easy that my husband can throw together when he gets home from the rink with my son.  I decided that the Spinach-Shrimp Salad with Bacon Dressing looked like it would fit perfectly.  I was right!  My husband was able to get it together quickly for himself and when I got home I was able to try it.  It was sooo good and tasty!  I think mine was better than his though as I had more dressing left as he wanted to make sure I had enough!  I loved the combination of the shrimp and bacon and the dressing had so much flavour in it for the mushrooms and spinach!


For a quick and easy salad I highly recommend it!  It can be found here: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/spinach-shrimp-salad-with-hot-bacon-dressing/5f6fe1ba-1995-4453-82b1-a1874154669f

The next item up was another one of those bars that make you thankful for living!  Although you definitely need to watch how many you have as they could put you into some sort of sugar coma!  It`s kind of hard to put these brownies into words - especially if you like mint - which I do and the name alone "Triple Layer Fudgy Mint Oreo Brownies" should give you a hint at the amount of calories involved.  I passed out many of these brownies to people around me and everyone loved them!!  They are made with mint Oreo's  buttercream icing and marshmallow fluff to only name three ingredients!  Yup - that good!!  These can be made to impress anyone around you and they really were not hard to make at all.  The only sad part is that I have only found the Oreo's in the States so if you know of anyone headed down there, get them to pick you up some!  You can make them for yourself using this link: http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2012/02/triple-layer-fudgy-mint-oreo-brownies.html


I love sandwiches - there I have said it!  I know that the carbs are bad news but there is something about them that I love so much!  I love trying out new ones and experimenting with things I hadn't tried before!  As I had some bacon around from the salad the night before I found a recipe that used a couple of my favorite foods - bacon and guacamole.  I don't think that was a combination that I would have come up with myself so I thought I should definitely give it a try!  Very pleasantly surprised!!  The recipe can be found here: http://www.closetcooking.com/2012/01/bacon-guacamole-grilled-cheese-sandwich.html


We had a crazy busy last Saturday with a Brownie event, soccer and both kids having hockey practice so I thought we would have a good night by making one of my husband's favorite things to eat - Nachos.  So, I found a recipe that I thought would suit him - Paula Deen's Macho Nachos.  They were really good but very filling!  I was pleasantly surprised that the taste of the refried beans did not over power the rest of the nachos like I thought it would.  Hubby was very happy and very full at the end of dinner!!  You can make your own batch following this link: http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/macho_nachos/
Surprise the men in your life with the yummy appy!!

Tonight is Friday which means - drink day!  Today we made a drink for the whole family - Brazilian Lemonade.  The funny part is that this drink is not made with lemons but with limes!  Not too sure why they named it Lemonade but the kids loved it and never made a comment that it tasted any different.  In fact my son asked me to make it for him to take to school.  Both hubby and I thought it would be great to add vodka to it for an adult version.  It's a relatively simple drink to make and didn't take many ingredients at all!  It would definitely be good in the summer on a hot day!  For a refreshing drink: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/06/brazilian-strawberry-lemonade-summertime-in-a-glass.html

The last recipe I have for you today is for Vanilla French toast.  This one doesn't differ too much from the french toast we have always had but added a couple of different spices.  This is your basic french toast that is simple and not glammed up!  We had it with maple syrup and it was good.  I've included a picture and the link as it was quick and easy!  http://www.bhg.com/recipe/french-toast/vanilla-french-toast/?socsrc=bhgpin043012vanillafrenchtoasthandmadecharlottepin

Happy pinning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment